Gastroenterology deals with the health of your digestive system and related organs. Gastroenterologists not only manage stomach and gastrointestinal problems, they also diagnose and treat illness involving pharynx, esophagus, intestine, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, salivary glands, tongue, epiglottis, rectum & anus.
Our Gastrointestinal tract is the largest organ system of the body that is primarily responsible for Digestion and absorption of food but also for removal of the waste from the body. The Gastrointestinal tract plays a very important role in overall immunity of the body and regulation of important Hormones and Vitamins in the body. Ailments of Gastrointestinal tract are often a cause of great discomfort and disability and early diagnosis and management is a key for the wellbeing of an individual.
Our Gastroenterology department will offer the following services:
- Abdominal Pain Investigation
- Chronic Diarrhea
- Incontinence and Constipation
- Peptic Ulcer Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Hepatobiliary Problems (Jaundice, Choledocholithiasis, Cholangitis, Biliary Tumor)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Coeliac Disease
- Liver Cirrhosis with or without Portal Hypertension
- Esophageal Motility Diseases (Achalasia)
- Pancreatic Diseases (Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis, Pancreatic Tumor)